The Patient Care Tech will work under the supervision of a nurse and perform various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Baths, dressing/undressing patients, assisting with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.