The Medical Center of Aurora expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
A. Licensure/ Certification/ Registration : Requires licensure in the State of Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family or Behavioral Health Registered Nurse; BCLS required at time of hire, and CPI also required within 30 days of hire.
B. Education : Requires Masters Degree.
C. Experience :Minimum of one year experience in healthcare management is desired, as well as three to five years' experience in psychosocial assessment, preferably within an emergency medical model.
D. Special Qualifications :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal communication and proven leadership skills.
- Must be knowledgeable on tele-medicine processes, technologies, and best practices within tele-mental health.
- Drive and desire to interact with professionals on all levels of the healthcare team.
- Actively participate with Administration to accomplish the goals and plans of the department.
- Knowledgeable of State of Colorado, Mental Health Services 27-65 statute and regulations as well as Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division 27-81-101 and 27-82-107 statutes and standards, and EMTALA.
- Knowledgeable of behavioral health emergency populations, evaluation, consultation, and process.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, apply critical thinking process.
- Ability to work in high acuity and stressful environment.
- Ability to formulate diagnostic impressions based upon review of systems, history, symptoms, and current presentation.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention and engage multiple systems in diagnostic formulation and disposition.
- Respond to all customers using AIDET, iCARE, and knowledge with Trauma Informed Care.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.