- Verify vehicle information based on work order information ? identify damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems by inspecting all customer vehicles at time of receipt (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment), noting any damage or repair to frame/paint, engine noise, AC/heater operation, radio, tire condition, etc.
- Set up system for day-end; perform day-end procedures.
- Maintain knowledge to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Prepare and provide daily activity report to management.
- Document vehicle condition by completing an Electronic Condition Report (ECR).
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Ability to take multiple, overall, and damage photos, match them to vehicle, and download to the image server.
- Understanding of NAAA Frame/Structure Damage Policy.
- Able to quickly adapt and implement changes in account specific frame policies, account specific needs, new inspection types.
- May be shadowed by a more junior-level inspector from time to time.
- Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (i.e., inspections, body/mechanic shop, etc.) strongly preferred.
- 1 year of service with Manheim Inspections recommended.
- Successful completion of Manheim ICP Inspector Level III written/field exam.
- Basic Inspections (Electronic Condition Report), Vehicle Grading, Repair Recommendations & Frame Merit Certifications required.
- Valid driver?s license and safe driving record required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge.
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame vehicles.
- Good organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.