Sat/Sun choice of 6:00am or 9:00am start
(Off Thurs & Fri)
- Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy to Do Business with (ETDBW) philosophy.
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement.
- Act in place of manager in absence.
- Lead and participate in multiple Loan Service projects.
- Hire, lead, train, retain and develop associates.
- Analyze long-term impacts and plans accordingly.
- Addresses potential changes or improvements.
- Strive to make a difference through continued development of leadership and business acumen skills.
- Assign and monitor daily activities of associates and coordinate workflow.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management on staffing, production, and budgetary needs.
- Maintain professional contact/communication with other departments/managers.
- Maintain standards utilizing established written procedures.
- Prepare periodic and special reports utilizing statistical data (productivity rates, error rates, liability, and various month end reports).
- Ensure that all functions are processed accurately and timely.
- Coordinate staff activities to meet production goal.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual performance evaluations if applicable
- Ensure adherence to Nelnet policies and guidelines.
- Foster an innovative environment.
4 year college degree preferred
1 year of experience in field or related field or commensurate education
1 year supervisory or leadership experience
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Service Excellence
- Oral communications
- Written communications
- Working with MS Office
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Team Management and Team Building
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Managing Workforce Diversity
EEO Statement: Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
With a #1 core value of focusing on the customer, we provide innovative educational services in loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management. These products and services help students and families plan, prepare, and pay for their education while making the administrative and financial processes more efficient for schools and financial organizations.
Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, with other offices around the United States and Canada, we employ more than 2,250 associates who serve customers throughout the education life cycle.
At Nelnet, we’re more than just a student loan servicer. We have products and subsidiaries that work with customers to help them achieve their educational dreams through every part of their education lifecycle- from pre-K through college.