Prepare repaired and primed automotive body panels for refinish coat application in a manner consistent with Manheim Body Shop standards and procedures.
- Inspect incoming panels for properly completed body repairs and primer applications; refer exceptions to supervisor
- Mask/protect any areas adjacent to panel(s) to be prepared
- Apply abrasives and use hand and power tools in preparing panels for final refinish
- Remove all dust and other particles from prepared panels. Inspect panels for adherence to shop standards for preparation
- Follow all job related safety and health procedures
- Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor
Education & Specialized knowledge
- Education & High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proof of valid annual respirator fit test
- Knowledge of Valid HAPS Paint Training Certification
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions
- Experience 1 year body shop and/or prepping experience preferred
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.