The Medical Center of Aurora is seeking a Medical Technologist with generalist and blood banking experience to join their team of highly trained professionals.
Our team is a tight-knit, team-oriented group dedicated to providing and delivering top quality patient care.
If you are a generalist with blood banking experience, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
The Med Tech supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora (TMCA) and also provides service at Centennial Medical Plaza and Saddle Rock ER. The focus of this position is optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
The Medical Technologist (MT) responsibilities include:
- Providing technical quality testing for neonates, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients in the laboratory setting in compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, AABB, FDA, and CLIA Standards.
- The MT functions within the philosophy, policies and procedures at all of TMCA campuses and represents the hospital within and outside the organization.
- A thorough understanding and application of the MT practice is essential due to the intense field of critical patient testing. Therefore, the laboratory employees must continuously strive to improve clinical testing through formal and informal education. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
TMCA expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients, family members, visitors and others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA creates an environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- ASCP, HEW or AMT required. ASCP is the preferred certification.
- New graduates must complete ASCP Certification within 6 months of hire. Continued employment will be based on valid certification.
- A college graduate or equivalent who has passed a certification examination for Medical Technologist by ASCP, HEW or AMT or the successful completion of an accredited MLT program, with ASCP Board Certification is also accepted.
- Experience in a hospital laboratory is desired but not necessary.
- Works as a Medical Technologist by integrating current scientific knowledge with technical competency, which relate to the Laboratory Department.
- The Medical Technologist shall be technically current and theoretically knowledgeable of instrumentation and test methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the ongoing QC, QA and Process Improvement.
- The medical technologist will be competent in age-related Laboratory values and communication skills.
If you meet and/or exceed these mandatory qualifications, apply now! We are interviewing top talent today.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.