The Email/Chat team is responsible for servicing our student loan customers through inbound channels primarily including emails and chats. The services offered should provide solutions and options to manage loan debt. Through cross-training in the many functions of the Service and Repayment Center, the team is focused on providing one interaction resolutions to a customer's question or issue.
- Through emails and chats, handle incoming and outgoing communications with Nelnet loan customers concerning loan repayment questions and issues, using various systems and screens for information, discussing payment options, taking payments, etc. (Also, when the queue for phone customers is high, taking regular SRC calls.)
- Carefully provide correct, accurate information to customers due to risk to the company inherent in written communications. Carefully write/type messages to ensure professional tone.
- Assist customers via email or chat with service based on knowledge of specialized/non routine functions that are beyond knowledge areas and systems normally handled by an SRC Advisor. Included are consolidation of loans, private loans, Total and Permanent Disability loans and past due accounts.
- Handle 3 different chats at the same time courteously and carefully. The chats vary widely as to functional area and systems to be used to answer questions. All types of chats are handled concurrently.
- Correctly follow and implement differing quality standards/definition documents for the standard SRC customer calls and for the specialized/non-routine customer contact in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Handle follow-up to all emails and chats,
including the non-routine, using appropriate procedures for each loan type to correctly enter contact notes and codes into different systems that support the various types of customer contact.
High School Diploma (required). Associate degree or higher (preferred)
Minimum of 1 year customer service experience as a Nelnet Advisor (required)
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Focus and Flexibility - Ability to stay on task with several customers at the same time in a noisy work environment
- Multi-tasking - Ability to work with several systems and screens at the same time
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains composure and patience with customers. De-escalates situations when customers are difficult. Accurately reports customer complaints
- Attention to Detail - Understands details of several functions to provide quality service
- Accountability - Owns all interactions with customers. Has history of excellent attendance record, adherence to schedule, and meeting quality expectations.
- Customer Service Orientation - Sees quality customer service as primary reason for position
- Written Communications - Able to clearly communicate information concerning student loans in writing.
Associates on the Department of ED contract are eligible for fringe benefits, one of which is a monetary contribution, which can be added to an associates 401K or can be taken as a taxable cash addition to their paycheck. The amount of money varies, but it's an allotment of up to $4.02/hour (less taxes), for up to 40 per week worked .
EEO Statement: Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
With a #1 core value of focusing on the customer, we provide innovative educational services in loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management. These products and services help students and families plan, prepare, and pay for their education while making the administrative and financial processes more efficient for schools and financial organizations.
Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, with other offices around the United States and Canada, we employ more than 2,250 associates who serve customers throughout the education life cycle.
At Nelnet, we’re more than just a student loan servicer. We have products and subsidiaries that work with customers to help them achieve their educational dreams through every part of their education lifecycle- from pre-K through college.