The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing patients with in-home personal care and designated health related services to maintain the patient's physical and emotional well being, while following the written plan of care, Medicare/Medicaid regulations and agency policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Service - Reports any unusual circumstance in the patient's condition or home environment to the primary RN/Team Leader.
- Follows current written aide assignment sheet to provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to include mobility transfer, walking, grooming, bathing, dressing or undressing, eating, or toileting.
- As assigned, performs incidental household services essential to the patient's health care at home that are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization.
- Completes a clinical note for each visit within required timeframes, which must be incorporated into the patient's record.
- Participates in the in-services program. Completes at least six hours of in-services every six months.
- Participates in daily report. Adheres to and supports care management model within the agency.
- Participates in staff conference regarding patient care.
- Participates in QA/QI plan or process.
- Provides care according to the aide plan of care-assignment sheet and in accordance to State Practice Act or regulations. Records and notifies RN-Team Leader of any variations from the established parameters or changes in the patient's condition.
Qualifications: License Requirements
- Colorado- Must have a C.N.A License in the state of Colorado. Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle. Current CPR certification required.
- Must be mature and able to deal effectively with the demands of a home health aide position. Able to read, write, and carry out directions promptly and accurately.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.