- This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The RRT will provide services, timely and efficiently, at appropriate levels to all patients and in all settings served by the department. The RRT will perform tasks and duties as outlined in the Respiratory Care Departments Policy and Procedure Manual and will assist in assigned administrative tasks, and will maintain clinical competencies through participation in educational and orientation programs. The RRT should also be able to provide advanced clinical expertise and education to departmental staff members and other members of the healthcare team.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Respiratory Therapist; BLS; ACLS.
- Education: Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Experience: One year experience in acute care preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Desire to provide compassionate, holistic care.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.