Why Choose The Medical Center of Aurora?
??? Two-time Magnet Recognition
??? 12 OR suites
??? Video integration
??? Stealth Navigation for Neurology and ENT
??? daVinci Robot for GYN, Urology and General Surgery
??? Level II Trauma Center
??? Specializing in Chiari Malformation surgery, hepatobiliary procedures, cardiovascular/cardiothoracic and traumatic orthopedic cases
We perform over 500 surgeries a month in the following surgical specialties:
??? Cardiovascular ??? Orthopedic Spine
??? Orthopedics ??? GYN
??? Urology ??? Neuro
??? Plastics ??? ENT
??? General Surgery ??? Trauma
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Operating Room Technicians. (required)
- Registration as a Surgical Technician by Colorado Division of Registration (DORA) (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Current Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred; title granted upon successful completion of board exam is CST.
- One to three years of experience as a Surgery Technician (preferred)
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.