The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- CCE required within one year of hire
- Lamaze certification preferred.
- BLS certification is required for all educators
- CCE (Certified Childbirth Educator) through CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association) within one year of hire.
- Graduate of a Lamaze certification training course preferred.
- Recent teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrates comfort and effectiveness in public speaking and knowledge of adult learning theory, customer service, excellent communication, interpersonal, and group skills.
- Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate learning environment.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.