Conducts inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems; prepare and submit report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates and related documentation.
- Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
- Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
- Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections
- Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
- May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed
- Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating
- Knowledge ICAR Certifications preferred
- Valid Driver?s License and safe driving record required
- Basic computer software skills required
- Ability to multitask required
- Must be detail oriented
- General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
- Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.