- Inspect condition of panels to be painted for any defects in repair, prepping or masking; refer any issues discovered to supervisor.
- Inspect refinish products to be used for proper formulation to meet color match and finish texture standards.
- Mix refinish products (primer, base and clear) in amounts required to cover designated area.
- Ensure area to be used for application is properly vented.
- Apply refinish coating using approved and properly set High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) spray equipment.
- Clean and maintain all paint formulation and spray application equipment; maintain paint and storage areas.
- Ensure adequate supply of refinish products to meet production requirements.
- Follow all applicable safety and health procedures.
- Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Annual respirator fit test documentation
- HAPS Paint Training Certification
- Validdriver's license
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmission.
- ASE certificate automotive paint preparation and application preferred
- 5 years automotive painting experience preferred
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.