- Responsible for setting the daily production pace of the recon team to deliver daily, weekly and monthly against committed volumes to multiple customers.
- Managing Retail Services Reconditioning Employees to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining quality output in accordance with Company and Customer guidelines.
- Seek continuous improvement through the implementation of process and procedures developed for the Retail Services Operations.
- Manage the flow of vehicles through the Retail Services operation, providing timely reporting on the Key Performance Metrics and safeguarding the inventory assigned to the Retail Services operation.
- Communicate with the Account Coordinator and the Customer on the status of inventory in process, anticipated reconditioning requirements and estimated delivery date.
- Continually monitor shop performance and adjust the assignment of employees to maximize productivity and eliminate or minimize encumbrances to the process.
- Determine and oversee allocation and scheduling of staffing levels to meet all customer quality and completion commitments as well as maximization of recon operations profitability
- Oversees the quality control of vehicles as established by Retail Services operational standards
- Communicate, discuss and collaborate with Retail Services leadership and other Retail Services locations to share process improvements, efficiency gains and best practices.
- Establish and communicate production goals and work schedule assignments in a reasonable and timely manner. Measure process efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Review and document quality and production metrics for all positions and implement training or other corrective measures as needed.
- Educate and ensure compliance on all Inspections, Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines.
- Ensure complete and thorough employee on-boarding and ongoing training programs for employees.
- Manage the purchase and maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies required for the operation of the Retail Services facility. Control the use and consumption of supplies.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing all required safety procedures and complying with all OSHA, EPA and State or local safety and compliance regulations
- Maintain and develop reconditioning shops staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Counsel and disciplines employees as necessary; plans, monitors, and evaluates job performance by conducting performance appraisals
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox Automotive values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years experience in reconditioning or lot operations required
- Experience in the Automobile or Auction Industry a must
- Strong communication and interaction skills required
- Competent management and excellent organizational skills required
- Valid driver's License and good driving record required
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with focus on operations
- Effective management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of reconditioning operations, operational financial statements and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment
- ASE certification in automotive body repair or mechanical repair preferred.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc).Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.