The Physician Sales Representative is responsible for developing and retaining referrals from hospital physicians for primary or secondary service lines. This position is best defined as a flexible sales resource that focuses on facility-specific service lines that are in alignment with the Market or Division Strategy.
- In collaboration with the hospital CEO and Vice President, Sales, evaluate, analyze, and interpret market utilization data for hospital services, including market share data for primary or secondary facility service lines, ensuring that sales priorities are identified
- Evaluate, analyze, and interpret market demographics, including population, age, gender, race, and projected trends for both physicians and patient populations.
- In collaboration with Hospital Marketing department, promote differentiating services to community physicians.
- Develop goals and timelines for closing new or enhanced physician referrals
- Present and gain support and commitment from CEO and Market leadership, Service Line Leaders, Facility Leaders, and Medical Staff, as needed, for the sales plan.
- Execute sales and retention strategies and plans; track activities using the Client Relationship Manager; report on activities and issues; successfully close new business in accordance with predetermined targets
- Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians and practice managers, ensuring that a thorough understanding is gained regarding the physicians' desires and needs
- Complete follow-up meetings with physicians, practice managers, and/or other providers as needed to close new or additional business, ensuring that internal and external obstacles to business growth and retention are identified and minimized or eliminated
- Prepare and present monthly sales reports, identifying trends, additional business opportunities, and obstacles to new business growth
- Continuously modify sales and retention strategies and plans to ensure optimal business outcomes and ""win-win"" results for physicians and company market providers
Education: Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare administration, or public health administration from an accredited college or university; Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, or Economics preferred
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressive healthcare sales experience in a multi-site healthcare organization.
- Ability to research, understand, and explain healthcare services' volume, utilization, and market data
- Ability to research, understand, and explain market demographics
- Ability to access, understand, and explain physician referral patterns
- Ability to access, understand, and explain facility financial reports
- Ability to design targeted sales strategies
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.