- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- This postion supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- ACLS preferred. ACLS is required for Tier IV and Tier V
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
- Two year's experience in acute care preferred (Tier I, II, III)
- Three year's experience in critical care (Tier IV and V)
Special Qualifications :
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency.
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard.
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
- Involves general guidance and direction by the Patient Care Director, Nurse Manager and Unit Charge Nurse.
- Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.