- Inspect and verify that quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in accordance to customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheets.
- Check wash bay steps by inspecting trunk jambs, looking for grease on hinges, bugs, fender wells and lower splash shields, etc.
- Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
- Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed and polished to appropriate standards.
- Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to detail shop for redo. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the workday and/or throughout if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2-4 years? experience in a detail shop or re-conditioning work, or as a quality control inspector preferred.
- Valid Driver?s License and safe driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard, fumes, dust and odors. Moderate noise level.
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.