The Patient Care Representative is responsible for executing the sales strategy to increase company market share through account development and educating the medical community on services provided by the company while operating within set budget.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Achievement of annual location admit and census budgets.
- Successfully executes a weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategy to increase market share through key account development including prospecting/diversification and call frequency/routing. Plans activity to maximize territory coverage of both existing and prospective accounts.
- Responsible for executing effective sales calls that identify and meet the needs of the referral community and clearly communicate the features and benefits of the LHC Group. These include pre and post call planning, establishing rapport, effective questioning skills, proposing solutions, handling objections and closing.
- Works closely with the DON/Branch Manager to drive a vision of growth by focusing every team member on the needs and expectations of the referral community and patients.
- Responsible for all sales administration duties including, but not limited to, CRM compliance, expense reports, payroll time sheets, medical director time sheets, strategic territory planner, PTO requests, paperwork (485) delivery or pick-up when needed, and e-mail correspondence.
- Responsible for being a good steward of the company's financial resources by projecting a return on monies spent and managing to a marketing expense budget of 3.5%.
- Knows the features and benefits of the services provided by LHC Group. Is able to articulate competitive advantages, specialty programs, and Medicare guidelines. Educates the medical community about the services of our organization through effective sales calls and in-services with the appropriate tools and literature.
- Any other tasks that are assigned.
Qualifications: Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Two to three years of prior successful Home Health or Hospice sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills to meet Microsoft Outlook and CRM software requirements.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self motivated.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.