We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for direct patient care and assisting the physician or mid-level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
2. Prepares patient for examination and takes histories/vital signs.
3. May collect patient specimens and prepare to forward to out of clinic labs.
4. Performs various tests as directed.
5. Gives injections/medications and applies splints, and dressings, as applicable.
6. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
7. Orders medical supplies as needed.
8. May perform front office duties as needed.
9. Perform other duties as required.
10. Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
11. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintain records and recording test results.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Graduation from a recognized training facility for medical assistants.
- One (1) year of experience in a physician practice/occupation medicine clinic is preferred.
Education, License and Certifications
- Completion of Medical Assistant program through accredited college/school.
- Medical Assistant certification required. New hire has 60 days from hire date to obtain the certification if they do not already have it upon employment.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.