Warehouse Operations/Distribution Manager
Monica M. Rocha
3257 S. Parker Rd. Unit 3206, Denver CO 80014 720-256-0978 Monica.M.Rocha@outlook.com
Warehouse & Operations Management
Accomplished management professional, offering career experiences of 18 years in warehouse, distribution, and operations management. Results driven leader with success in continuous operation improvement. Team motivator skilled in training, coaching and mentoring staff. Outstanding communication within diverse, fast paced, ever changing environments. Seeks career with an organization that rewards hard work and dedication.
● Direct impact on annual CPU reduction from $0.127 in 2010 to $0.072 YTD 2016, through negotiation of supplier and service contracts.
● Managed several quality derogations saving the company millions, $1M in write-offs, while eliminating impact to customers.
● Managed inventory of 2.5 M units through FIFO, picking and shipping standards and cycle counts for successful annual PWC inventory audits.
● Exceeded daily PPH goal of 200 to PPH of 350+.
● Successfully managed operations of a warehouse team of eight direct reports and two leads that was responsible for picking and shipping 8.1M units in 2016.
● Successfully managed operations of a warehouse team of 10-50 direct reports, and four leads to exceed daily PPH goals and a sorting process of 15-45k pieces daily.
KBCO, Prescription sun-Essilor 2007 – 2016
Multi-billion dollar manufacturer and distributor of optical lenses, worldwide.
Warehouse manager - (2015 – 2016)
Managed complete responsibility for KBCO’s warehouse operations including the processing and control of all inventory, personnel, supply and service contracts and operational support for key customer initiatives.
● Implemented process improvements, warehouse redesign and employee restructure to support sales growth from $25M in 2007 to $80.M in 2016.
● Processed, picked and shipped orders up to 100K pieces.
▪ Negotiated supplier and service contracts leading to an annual cost savings.
▪ Analyzed shipping prices and corrected errors for a net gain of $30K in lost shipping costs per year.
▪ Provided hands on leadership that motivated, directed, coached and developed a diverse, high performing team to meet business goals through positive reinforcement.
▪ Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training of all employees. Provided continued training and instruction on company procedures and expectations. Conducted evaluations on warehouse staff and recommended salary changes.
▪ Collaborated daily with Customer Service Manager to effectively maximize daily production goals as well as special customer orders.
▪ Lead a team who shipped out 8.1M lenses in 2016. A worth of $80M (30K pieces per day).
▪ Responsible for managing all incoming shipments, and stocking of all product to shelves.
▪ At company shut down, processed 1M lenses in stock by picking, reboxing and shipping two weeks ahead of schedule.
▪ Used process mapping to identify bottlenecks in pick sequence. Optimization allowed for a reduction of one employee, while increasing volume by 7%.
Shipping manager (2007-2015)
Managed shipping services to all domestic accounts via Clippership Shipping Program. Worked in collaboration with Warehouse Manager on ensuring all orders were processed and shipped each day.
▪ Managed a team who picked and shipped 7.6M units in 2015. A worth of $75M.
▪ Reduced shipping errors to a record low of 56 total errors in 2015. A 35% decrease overall.
▪ Processed all orders same day.
▪ Shipments of 300-500 each day.
▪ Hand picked and checked orders daily up to 2K pcs.
United Parcel Service 1998-2007
The world's largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.
Operations Supervisor (FT) – 2006-2007
Managed several areas of a 200k+ sort operation
▪ Collaborated with other managers to achieve workload targets and to achieve shift productivity.
▪ Nine years experience working with Union employees (Management non union).
▪ Managed sorting, unloading, loading, local sort, hazmat and small sort areas.
▪ Managed 45 employees, and four PT supervisors.
▪ Maintained safety programs to meet and exceed company policy. Enforced compliance of all OSHA rules and regulations.
▪ Timecard and payroll management. Responsible for planning of all staffing and vacations.
▪ Collaborated with Loss Prevention for targeted concern areas.
▪ Ensured all computer, sort programs and sort equipment was in full working order. Pre/post trip inspections.
Small sort operations supervisor (PT) 1999-2006
Managed a specific sort area of a 35K sort operation
● Managed 15-20 employees.
● Lead operations of a 10-15K sort operation in 3 hours.
● Provided continued training and instruction on company procedures and expectations.
● Conducted evaluations on all warehouse staff.
● Constantly hit or exceeded business plan on PPH and man hours.
● Enforced compliance of all OSHA rules and regulations.
Sorter, Loader, Unloader (PT) 1998-1999
● Sorted packages via conveyor system.
● Unloaded and Loaded trailers with time limits.
● General warehouse work.
High School Diploma – 1998 Selma High School, Selma CA 93662
Microsoft Office Suite: Basic Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint and Outlook. Clippership, Macola
Tools & Equipment
RF wrist scanners, Pallet jacks, Walking stacker, Extendo trailer equipment