prepress, printing, photography, creative, fine arts imaging
Steven Lloyd 720.207.3024
My Name is Steve Lloyd; thank you for considering me for a position at your company. I started in printing prepress in 1980 at T&R Engraving. Things have changed in printing prepress and it is harder to find employment. I need to expand my goals to include other possibilities in my career. To increase my knowledge of computer prepress and design I earned a one year degree at Westwood Technical College for design, two years at Community College of Denver for Printing and 24 years’ experience in printing prepress. I am also a high school graduate. I have also 3 years doing bindery work before I worked in prepress. My experience covers a full range of prepress tasks. This includes design, color separations, process camera, film assembly, poster production, and customer service. I have also spent time learning on my own. In 1988 I pur-chased my first Macintosh Computer. I have also hand built my own PC with Windows 8 operating system. I also have bought copies of Quark and Adobe Design Suite 5.5. I use them as a learning tool. I can also use font management soft-ware, I have Suitcase Fusion. I am also interested in photography. I have missed it, so I purchased a digital camera; I have a lot of fun with it. I also use my Canon Scanner to scan all my slides and color negatives. I am looking for an opportunity to work at a company with a future. It is my intent as a perspective employee to strive for the best job I can do for you every day. I also have a good attitude, and willing to work in any department. I can and have produced various tasks under ex-treme pressure to yield results quickly and accurately. Profitability is very important to a company that hopes to succeed in the present market. Printing has changed with the appearance of desktop publishing. No longer can a printing or pre-press company afford to mistakenly allow a client’s needs to go unfulfilled. Production on demand, I feel is the new mar-ket driving force. With so much competition, it is important to undertake tasks in a precise nature in a timely manner. Thinking ahead will reduce the waste of expensive materials. This can be the difference between profit and loss. Working in groups and having a good attitude is important. I feel it gives confidence to other employees that you are doing your best and provide the management with a sense of trust with the company’s future. Although I have worked alone during most of my prepress years, I can and will fit in wherever engaged. I am also an honorable discharged veteran from the USAF. I enlisted during the Vietnam War and I have use of the Veterans Hospital for the rest of my life. Sense I am single I will not require any health insurance.
Express Pros-Jan 2012 thru Dec 2013
•IPS Printing inspecting blister packs. Temporary contract work.
•Jeppesen collating books together. Temporary contract work.
Home Renovations-Jan 2011 thru Jan 2012
• Installed new flooring, lights and insulation.
Care Giver-Feb 2003 thru Jan 2011
• Took care of my mother before she passed away.
Cabala’s Outfitters-May 2003 thru Feb 2005
Poster and Banner Production
• Printed posters and banners on 3- 44” Epson ink jet printers.
• Shipped all jobs out using UPS
• Graphic Design using Adobe Creative Suites and Quark Express.
• Operated Dell quad 1.9 gig servers using Oris software rip with Windows NT operating system.
• Operated G5 Macintosh.
• Mounted posters on foam core and hand cut all Posters.
• Produced department worksheet in Excel to keep track of time and expense.
• Printed and cut toppers for store displays.
• Lamented all banners and posters.
Partners Press-June 2001 thru Aug 2002
• Film assembly, brochures, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, pads, menus, toppers, maps, and greeting cards.
• Shot process camera for black and white, line and halftones.
• Used Franklin Printing Estimating software for PC, for all printing estimates and quotes.
• Customer service, bindery, shipping and receiving and arranging for UPS pickups.
• Made printing plates for different kinds of presses.
• Operate PC using Windows 98.
• Maintained filing system for processed jobs.
• Arrange for film output from vendors when needed.
R&M Color Graphics-July 1998 thru Feb 2001
• Film assembly, brochures, business cards, letterheads, menus, pocket folders, maps, and greeting cards.
• Shot process camera.
• Worked in other departments when needed, bindery, shipping and receiving and arranging for UPS pickups.
• Made printing plates for 40 inch presses.
• Used DS step and repeat plate maker.
• I was trained and operated a SitexStar work station and output film, including trapping.
• Operate Macintosh and PC for film output.
• Maintained filing system for processed jobs.
• Made Match Print color proofs/Made Blue line proofs.
T&R Engraving-May 1980 thru Dec 1986
• Screen color separations with a contact screens on a process camera.
• Set exposures with a GAM and exposure control computer for B&W and color.
• Shot line, halftone, duotone, and tritone on process camera.
• Maintain film processor/Trained other employees in B&W and color on a process camera.
• Made shrinks and spreads/Made composite dupes and veloxes
• Made color corrections on camera/Use under color removal for web presses.
• Test new film and procedures.
• Made match prints and color keys.
• Made photo masks.
• Attended 3M zero defect seminars.
• Use colored filters on process camera to hold or drop colors.