Therapist, mental health
18772 E. Arkansas Place
Aurora, CO 80017
AURORA MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
Crisis Clinician, Walk In Clinic
Aurora, CO January 2015 – Present
- Evaluate clients within a crisis setting and initiate crisis stabilization interventions.
- Triage clients according to need and refer to appropriate levels of treatment, including placement to higher levels of care when warranted.
- Refer clients to ongoing mental health services including outpatient therapy, medication management, and connection to community support resources.
- Document all client interactions within electronic medical record database in accordance with agency deadlines.
THE OFFENDERS GROUP AT AURORA MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
Aurora, CO January 2011- January 2015
- Sex offense specific therapist.
- Facilitate offense specific treatment groups with adults.
- Provide individual, couples and family sessions within scope of offense specific treatment framework.
- Perform Sex Offense Specific Evaluations for referred clients as needed.
- Coordinate with Community Supervision Team to ensure continuity of care as stipulated by SOMB Standards.
- Associate level SOMB provider since 12/8/08.
- DOC approved Adult Treatment Services Provider, 9/1/09.
Lakewood, CO May 2007 – September 2010
- Facilitate sex offense specific treatment groups with both adolescents and adults.
- Provide individual and family sessions within parameters of offense specific treatment framework.
- Perform Intake Assessments for referred clients as needed.
- Perform as a liaison to all treatment referral sources, including, but not limited to probation departments and mental health agencies regarding therapeutic progress, treatment planning and evaluation.
DEVEREUX CLEO WALLACE
Westminster, CO Sept. 2005 – March 2007
- Milieu Clinician in an adolescent residential treatment center.
- Group Therapist to 12-client unit, as well as sex offense specific group therapist/ co-facilitator for RTC offense specific treatment program.
- Conducted individual and family therapy on a weekly basis with all clients on caseload.
- Oversaw monthly Treatment Planning Review meetings between clinical staff, unit staff and mental health referral sources.
- Initiated and coordinated all phases of treatment planning for clients and rest of residential staff.
FAMILY RECONSTRUCTION/SOAP (Sexual Offender/Addiction Program)
Savannah, GA Oct. 2003 – May 2005
- Provided family crisis and sex offense specific therapy through Chatham County Juvenile Court.
- Conducted both individual and group sessions with family crisis and offense specific clients.
- Performed intake assessments on clients from all juvenile referral sources.
- Savannah office liaison with Chatham County Juvenile Probation Office and Court Staff.
- Emergency Services/Crisis management
- Sexual Compulsivity
- Adult and juvenile sex offender treatment
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy
Savannah, GA 2001 - 2003
- Master of Arts in Psychology, Counseling Specialty
Deland, FL 1987 – 1991
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in Spanish